Thursday, August 29, 2013

Transitions, A Quick Update

Today, we went to "Meet the Teacher" at Joy's new school & (finally) officially got her registered. We are so excited for her. This school seems like just the right fit and are so relieved to see this all working out.  Joy starts school in 5 sleeps!  Its crazy! When did my little girl get old enough for school? Joy was such a happy girl, raving about her new friends and how excited she was.  Tomorrow, I take the kids to visit family for a few days.  Tomorrow, I finally see my hematologist for the first time since being hospitalized a little over a month ago.  In less than 2 weeks, David will be done at Wendy's and working towards a "better life" for us. So many transitions and things going on at once! We are thrilled and nervous at the same time. We are so thankful for all of the prayers to this point and ongoing. I will still be on my blood thinner at least 5 more months and we still have a ways to go until David's schedule becomes a bit more consistent. I have had a handful of medium pain days. Today is a little higher than that but not horrible, just getting there. Looking forward to being near the beach for a few days, taking in that wonderful sea air. Glad to finally have a fully healthy family.

That's all for now...
  *Melis*

No comments:

Post a Comment