Saturday, August 3, 2013

Spectacularly YOU...

Expecting another update? 
 One IS coming soon 
   BUT... 
I wanted to share what was especially on my heart tonight. 
      Or should I say WHO?

I love my David. 
He is one of strongest people I know. 
He and I have been friends for 16 years now.
Together for almost 8 years.
Married for just over 6 years.

Not too long ago, we found out we lost our 2nd baby this year.
Less than a week later, we found our family waiting together for over 3 hours in the ER. 2 hours later, after plenty of tests, we were told I had a pulmonary embolism, in my case a LARGE clot in my lungs. 4 days later, I was released with extra special instructions. 

Oh, and by the way, did I mention the days I was admitted was our 6th wedding anniversary?

David has been through the ringer.  So many ask about me... Yes, it is a process. Yes, my life is different now, for at least the next 6 months.
BUT...
  So is his! David lost 2 babies this year too! David had to watch me go through both losses, start two deal with both losses, sharing when I had trouble sharing. David had to wait as I went through loads of tests, only days after our second loss. He then had to take 2 very confused, tired, emotional children home without me, skip more work and then eventually pick me up and keep a close eye on me on only my first day out of the hospital. (And trust me, yesterday was no cake walk! More on that later...)

I adore my Davey.
He is my best friend.
He is the most fantastic father to Joy & Micah.
He pours his heart and everything he can into his family
                                              and his work...

I am so completely blessed to be married to my best friend, the man who knows me better than anyone else, who has genuinely strived to make our marriage stronger. He understands give and take better than most anyone and longs to see me happy and our whole family well. He is incredibly unique and I couldn't imagine being married to anyone else... anyone more spectacularly perfect for me... and for our kids.

So this blog is dedicated to you, David. I am so thrilled God brought us together after all of those years. I hope I never have to live a day without you...

*Melis*

No comments:

Post a Comment