Tuesday, August 27, 2013

God is good! God is good! God is good!!!

Completely drained today... I did NOT sleep well last night. I was in a moderate amount of pain but was able to manage it well enough. I spent a lot of time on Facebook in the wee hours of the morning looking through infant loss pages though. These ladies who do the work they do inspire me. I hope & pray I can find my own niche, my own way of giving back soon enough. I woke up and was still in moderate pain but at least can manage it with the help of the pain medication. Not in love with it but trying to be realistic and honest that I still do need them some. I am so worn though. It is hard facing reality sometimes, even a little bit. I am thankful to have my first hematology appointment Friday morning finally.  I am also hankful David will be home at 9pm, not 3am!

On the other side of the news... David gave his 2 weeks notice to Wendy's last night! This is fantastic news for us. Long story short, the owner at Round Table made him a deal he could not resist ;) He will be working 60 hours a week between both Round Tables in town (instead of 70-80+ between both jobs). He will be learning the business backwards, forwards and all around.  He will start training as a shift supervisor ASAP with a small raise. Overall, he will be netting about the same as before but there is a prayer this may help him down the road with all that he is learning.  Plus, he has yet to experience any drama at Round Table. Also, his bosses at Round Table have followed through on everything they have said and promised and said to him. He will be home not much later than 11pm from now on with this change as well (instead of an average of 3am). He has been told they will give him as many Sundays off as possible so we can enjoy church, home group, after church events and more time as a family. We are ecstatic! 

Please pray his bosses continue to follow through. We truly believe this may be the miracle-en-route we have been praying for six years for! We are in a place now potentially for more stability we hope in the next year or so. What great news amidst the tragedies and trials we have experienced so far this year.  I am now convinced more than ever it was the right decision to declare this year our "Year of Faith." Hence why...

God is good!  God is good!  God is good!!!

That's all for now...
        *Melis*

P.S. Was reminded of a song I used to listen to ALL of the time. Adding back to my playlist today because I am... so very BLESSED! http://w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=kQYVZHHbD40 Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Melissa! Glad to hear the pain is going away more and more as the days to by.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete