Monday, August 5, 2013

Hello ER... again :(

I don't know anyone that says that after returning home from a hospital stay, they hope to go back soon. Unfortunately, that is what happened to me, for a little while at least...

Last night around 8pm, I picked up a crying Micah in hopes of calming him down so I could put him back down again. That didn't happen. Pain started creeping in and I did my best to ignore it, hoping Micah would go back down and that eating something and resting would help me feel better. That didn't happen, so finally, after tears over pain and frustration at my children for somehow being wide away, I took the pain medicine around 9:20. Un fortunately, the pain continued to get worse. I gave Joy her hug and kiss and sent her off to bed (took her awhile to settle but she ultimatley did it). I got to the point where I realized I could no longer pick Micah up and decided he could sleep in my bed once he passed out. He eventually did but the pain didn't subside. David was at work so we finally agreed that I would take the next dose of pain medicine on time and then go the ER as soon as he arrived home. (We were originally told I should have little to no pain once home or it should at least be managed by the strong pain meds I had been prescribed.)

At 1:20 a.m, I took the next dose with no improvement. It just got worse and worse. As soon as I knew David be getting home fairly soon, I packed a backup hospital bag and noticed slight improvement in pain. (What gives?) David arrived home shortly after 3 a.m. and got the kids stuff ready, as well as his and loaded them into the car for me. Fortunatley, NO ONE was at the ER this time of day, so I was see shortly. I was given more pain meds, asked a lot of questions and told to relax (haha). They gave me my injection since it was that time and did my blood draw. I had an x-ray as well. THe blood draw actually revealed an INR of 2.0. This was great news on its own as in my case, mine needs to regularly sit somewhere between 2.0 and 3.0. However, the ER doctor was even more confused. I had come up from an INR of 1.3 just Friday and my pain was much worse, as well as daily life in general. He ordered another CT scan. WHen I went to have the scan done, David, Micah and Joy all fell asleep on the floor of my room. When I arrived back, I was no longer on pain medication of any kind and the nurses were doing their shift change. I waited for a good 40 or so minutes, still unable to really sleep for the results. Once again, they were good. The clot is actually shrinking!

So why have I been in so much pain? The ER doctor simply explain it as an injury, a pretty substantial injury. I have a LARGE clot in my LUNGS. While it is getting smaller and unblocking, it HURTS, sometimes really badly. So, I am doing better but the pain may be a bigger issue in the beginning more than I like. Please continue prayer for this. In other good news, the GP doctor situation has been sorted out and is set for me the next time I need to see her. If my blood work on Wednesday shows another INR of 2.0-3.0 I will be able to go off the injections and just be on the pills. Praise the Lord!

I had several 3/4-asleep conversations with friends via text over my confusion over God's Will in all of this and my frustration with the pouring rain it seems. I continue to trust Him but am needing to draw near to Him more closely than ever. I trust He already has everything figured out. Thank Goodness! Oh, and we are feeling so blessed after a meal from friends at church who also set up several more with other friends from church. What a relief! How blessed are we, seriously?

Well, that's all for now!
    *Melis*

No comments:

Post a Comment