Monday, August 5, 2013

Clarity & Follow up

I briefly messaged back and forth with some people and realized my last blog post left out a few key things.  

Yes, I did get released from the ER this morning.
Yes, my INR is in the therapeutic range (this is good) and if my Wednesday blood draw shows this as well, I get to come off of the shots/injections :-) It was at 1.4 when I left the hospital Thursday, at 1.3 Friday at home and then at 2.0 today. (2.0-3.0 is where I need to be during this time in my life.)
They ran an extra CT scan because of my pain levels getting worse, despite the improvement in INR. It shows my large clot already getting smaller. (Yes!) This is extra piece of mind for myself.

The down side... Unlike what my doctor at the hospital originally said, pain is NORMAL! In fact, it makes a lot of sense. The clot creates a blockage. It is an injury, and a pretty significant one at that. Initially, pain is part of the healing process and unfortunately for me, the pain meds I am allowed to be on will not always feel like they are working due to the severity of the pain. 

Today was easily one of the worst days on record. When I returned home, I had not slept a wink all night. David put Micah back to bed, Joy cuddled up in front of kids shows on Netflix next to me and I slept for about 1-1.5 hours. From there on out, I was in and out and had very little energy. I felt beyond zapped. (I don't even know how to explain the kind of exhaustion I have been feeling.) It was even worse than most days in the hospital. I was on pain meds almost the entire day (which I do not like to be). Micah and Joy were amazing and surprisingly patient with me. And fortunately, David had a rare night off. He had a moment walking in to our room finding all 3 of us asleep on our bed.

I hope this helps clarify any confusion. I look forward to feeling like "myself" again when I get there. Thank you all again for all of the help and prayers. We still have a pretty extensive road ahead of us that isn't completely clear. I meet with my OB tomorrow to discuss post D&C and how to proceed with the blood clot involved now. I am still trying to understand all of the emotions I have been having and trying to process them. And even though it is not his fault, I admit I am sometimes very irritated and frustrated at my OB.

Its August 5th! I can't even believe what a year it has already been. Micah is now 18 months and we are holding our kids a little closer these days!

Love you all,
Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment