Thursday, August 8, 2013

Still going...

So, yesterday I went in for my blood draw. My INR is up to 3.0. Here's the thing: It is still therapeutic (good) but its on the high end and it went up an entire point in 2 days (whereas it took a week or more before). I was taken off of the injections (yay). I was asked to skip my dose of warfarin last night and am taking the normal on today. Tomorrow, I was asked to do another blood draw to make sure my INR doesn't jump up any higher. (2.0-3.0 is the only range mine should be in.)

The reason I have struggled to blog the past few days is because emotionally things have been much harder lately. I followed some advice to stay on my pain meds pretty consistently so I wouldn't "crash" or have trouble fixing the pain. It is hard for me to accept this. As I have started to manage my pain though, I am seeing life a little differently and am more aware of my surroundings, hence been smacked in the face not only with all of the things we need to do outside of my condition but with the fact that I did actually miscarry twice this year, have a D&C and then a pulmonary embolism and infarction (dead tissue, still learning here). I am making strides forward but I am very up and down in this stage with emotions and physical improvements some days. It is very much a roller coaster. I also have had a pretty elevated heart rate which ups my anxiety I believe. I am praying that we can figure out the best way to manage this and see if there is anything else influencing it.

Well, Micah is up from his nap. I gotta run. Hope this helps you all for now.

God Bless,
Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment