Monday, September 2, 2013

School is almost here!

You heard right. Joy starts Kindergarten... TOMORROW! I never thought I would be a mom who freaked out. I haven't exactly freaked out... But, I have started to get super excited for my big girl! She has been happily helping me do whatever she can to get ready from school. She and Micah went Back-to-School shopping with me last week. Today, she helped me pack up her backpack. She was also present when we picked out her backpack as well as her LEGO pencil box (which she happily chose a green color for). Last week, we attended "Meet the Teacher" at her new school. The school has moved to a new building which seems to have energized everyone there. Joy met some of the kids in her class, as well as in other grades and was beaming before leaving, telling us she had met her new friends! I have been looking forward to this day for a long time, a day when she could make friends we don't have to worry about at a place we trust. Her teacher is fantastic too. We go to church with her and I have loved her for some time as a person. She is fabulous. Joy was even excited to see her new school shoes (simple black, white & pink velcro ones), as well has her uniform. She is not at all unhappy about it. I think she sees them as special clothes... that works for me! So my little girl really is a big girl now. She's 5, starting Kindergarten and she's going to be in a classroom multiple days a week.  I am thrilled it worked out to send her to a Classical Christian school with such wonderful teachers and staff. I am thrilled she has been able to meet several nice kids with friendly parents. I am thrilled.... Oh yeah, and super excited for her! I hope to get a photo (or 500) of her tomorrow.  

That's all for now...
       *Melissa*

P.S. More blogging coming later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment