Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wow...

Wow... I knew Joy starting school would be a relief but I had NO idea how much it would affect or routines and how much transitioning would be happening simultaneously. (Must be why I keep injuring myself ~ I know, I know.)

Joy LOVES school. She is tired but she loves school. This excites me to no end. I am so happy for her.  Yesterday was her first day. When I announced she was going back the next day (today) she was jubilant, super thrilled!  Last night was also parent night at Joy's school so Joy got a play date but then went to bed later because of me having to go.

Two nights ago, I was tired and a bit flustered due to several misplaced important items. While attempting to make Joy's lunch for her first day, I somehow managed to knock over a "cookie jar." Of course it didn't just break, it shattered... all over the entrance area to the kitchen. I prayed as I quickly tried to exit the kitchen (barefoot of course), only to get a small piece of glass in my big toe. I approached my bed cautiously, able to get the glass out. Fortunately, David arrived home shortly after and helped me to find the remaining items, as well as clean up the glass.

Unfortunately, he missed some and I found another piece in my foot late last night and another piece yet again in my other big toe, as I left to take Joy to dance this evening. In all cases, it was removed but I was nervous as I have to watch myself carefully. Bleeding can be a huge issue for me if something goes haywire. I wish I could say that was the end of it.  

After sometime of not hearing anything from them, I was confronted by the neighbor below us.  Everything she did and said was harsh and I felt attacked. I felt like she was trying to make me as uncomfortable as possible. She brought her friend with her to yell at me too and demanded to see my husband when he returned home.  (He will not be going by at 3am or any other time as I have already requested we try to squash things and move on and she has ignored that request.)  David will be following up with our manager no later than tomorrow since her anger was regarding something he was involved in as well.  I felt extremely uncomfortable.  I will admit after that confrontation and from what I have heard of the manager's concerns, I am more concerned than ever.  I feel more unsafe and troubled than before.  This may all now explain why I always feel such a dark cloud is present when they are around.

Today, I went for a blood draw to check on things. I am back to 1.9 which is just outside of the therapeutic range.  I was asked to increase my Coumadin one day a week to see if that makes the difference.  Next Wednesday, I have my next blood draw to see if that does the trick.  Overall, I have been feeling more like myself and I have been able to manage my pain for the most part. I still need pain meds, verified by my hematologist but I haven;t had any out of control days recently. It has definitely been nice.

Joy loves dance too.  She let me know once again how she listened to her dance teacher and had a great time.  She looked tired to me but was still very positive and obedient.  I am impressed that she can do so well after the craziness of the week to this point! She is such a blessing from God and I adore my Joy Joy.  I am glad, however that she only attends school 3 days a week.  (The other two days are "homeschool" where she does a certain amount of homework I supervise and help as needed with.)

Micah is sleeping well.  He still wakes up a few times a night at most but it is still significantly better than before he was weaned.  He generally goes back to sleep pretty fast as well.  We are in the process of tweaking his routine though since he gets up so early with me to get Joy ready.  His nap is earlier and I am trying to squeeze a small one in a little later.  He is a very happy little boy getting so much attention and then getting to laugh and play with his sister after school.

Tomorrow, Women's Bible Study returns at church. I am excited. My kids will get to play while I get to study the Word with other ladies from our church.  Afterwards, we have a lot of grocery shopping to take care of.  Joy and I will also attempt our first "homeschool" day.  She still seems excited about even those days.  She really does light up my life, my sweet girl...

Still a bit overwhelmed from the verbal confrontation from my neighbors but I am doing my best to pray through it and stay calm. I am in need of pain relief shortly and need to make sure the alarm and grocery list are ready for tomorrow, among other things.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Situations with these neighbors have never been pretty (and never asked for).  We long to just have peace with them but they have made it pretty clear they dislike us and do not like anything we have done to try and keep from being loud.  (We live upstairs and they live downstairs.  Trust me, we have tried plenty of things to minimize noise and they always came back upset anyway.)  We are trying our best to live quietly and not interact with them, trying to avoid any trouble. We really just need the prayer.

Thank you all as usual for your support and prayers. This year has yet to stop surprising me.  I am thrilled with how God has blessed me and my family. He really has provided and taken care of.  Generally speaking, I really don't feel the need for much else. God keeps stepping in and I know He will continue to.

God Bless!
That's all for now..
*Melis*

No comments:

Post a Comment