Tuesday, September 3, 2013

He is with us...

So...  I burnt several fingers when I was making mac 'n cheese for dinner for the kiddos.  (I'll let you piece that one together.) I misplaced my phone. I found my Coumadin in the middle of the living room floor which led me to realize my pain meds were missing and my birth control was on the floor next to the bed. I went into the kitchen to make Joy's lunch for her first day of school, only to somehow knock the "cookie jar" on to the kitchen floor and get a small shard of glass temporarily stuck in one of my big toes trying to slowly escape the kitchen. Micah decided after falling asleep that when he awoke he would take his sweet time twice over being "ready" for bed again. I discovered some of Joy's curriculum still hadn't even shipped yet...

Just one of those days? Or evenings at least? Did I mention I have to get up in 6 hours to get myself ready to get Joy ready so she can have a fresh start her very first day of school. At least she seems to be getting enough sleep tonight... On the flip side... A friend volunteered to call my phone so I could attempt to find it while David was still on his way home. I found it as she was going to call it and made us both laugh, as she realized she didn't have my number anyway.  David found my pain meds (phew!) and is in the process of getting me ice for the bubble on my finger the burn caused.  Oh, and when my head is back on (in the morning), I can easily finish Joy's lunch.  David swept up and dealt with all of the glass (fortunately) in the kitchen.  He's agreed to go with me to take our girl to her first day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYLoigK4WSI

Even when we have a rough day, even if its full of the "little" things, God is with us.  We can trust Him.  "It might seem there's an ocean in between but He's holding on to you and me."  So comforting, so encouraging...

I am so tired.  I gotta get to bed.  I will do my best to post about the first day when I get a chance. It's parent night too so I may not get right to it.  Sleep well, my friends.
*Melis*

No comments:

Post a Comment