Friday, September 27, 2013

I've Got My Joy Joy Joy Joy...

I love that we named her Joy. I know my Daddy is glad as well.  When we gave him our initial list of names, I got the strangest look & a comment on how was anyone to spell those correctly.  Then my doctor mentioned how active Joy was. That was it. I associated active with happy, and happy with joyful and the name was set... around 20 weeks or so.

Over the years, many of you know I have struggled to be the best mom to her I can be.  She was great at eating and sleeping in the early days but cried a bit.  Being a first time mom, I cried then too and just got more and more frustrated.  As she went through her toddler years, she tested, pushed, pulled & tried to see what she could get away with.  It wasn't until Micah arrived that I started to appreciate her in the ways I should.  It was hard.  I was tired, confused & often felt so very judged.

Two has definitely been easier most days for me.  They play together & love on each other.  And Joy, she really is our joy. She makes me smile so very much. I love taking her to school & picking her up as well.  I love our "Mommy, Joy" dates that are usually just browsing stores or grocery shopping, occasionally with lunch or a small take-home treat thrown in there.  One of the things I love most about my Joy Joy is her heart for others.  She constantly wants to help others clean up their messes or obey their parents.  She wants to make a picture or "book" for just about everyone she knows some days.  Some, like her teacher get at least one a week these days!  Speaking of which, she's artistic!  I cannot draw to save my life!  I get creative but not in that way.  She is amazing!

This little girl continues to light up our lives & make us proud!  I cannot believe she is already a month into Kindergarten almost.  Its unreal some days.  Her busy little life has made mine so much more enjoyable though.  I love you, Joy Joy!  So proud to be your mom!

That's all for now...
*Melis*

No comments:

Post a Comment