Saturday, July 27, 2013

No, not my day or his day or his day or her day...

What a day! Joy came home this morning. It was so nice to see her smiling face as she walked into the house. Unfortunately, she has a cold. And when Joy has a cold, nobody's happy. Her poor nose and ear were hurting all day. Micah decided naps were obsolete today but we finally "convinced" him, only for him to wake up 30 minutes later. David was productive all morning but then afternoon hit and it occurred to him that we really had lost our baby this week. David headed off to work this evening and Joy amped up the screaming. Every time something hurt, she screamed. In turn, Micah, Mr. Overtired wouldn't sleep. At points, Joy would make him laugh and he'd focus on her, rather than sleeping. My one attempt to put him down resorted in louder screaming. Finally, after longer than I would like, Joy laid down in her room and Micah crashed next to me. I put him in his bed to find a restless Joy, who I invited into my room. The pain seemed to be getting worse, so even though I didn't think I would find any, I set out to find the Children's Tylenol. I found it and gave it to her. Less than 5 minutes later, she was out... on my bed. Oh well. Dazed and exhausted, I remembered not only is tomorrow our 6th wedding anniversary but that at this rate, we wouldn't be taking Joy to church which means one of us will have to take the snacks to Sunday School with Micah but not with the other. Today, admittedly I resented several people and cried some as well as we stressed over how we really don't have money for rent and rent is due in about a week. Sigh. On top of all this, my temp went up slightly for a bit but fortunately went down about an hour later some. I feel like my breathing is a little hampered as well. Please pray for us. This is all hitting us at once and David will likely be working beyond insane hours as usual this week, despite the fact that they will not be enough on paper to pay our upcoming bills. We're both exhausted and drained and our kids have no idea. Thank you for the continued prayer. We need A LOT. I think its bed time finally. Sigh.

That's all for now...
          *Melis*

No comments:

Post a Comment