Monday, July 22, 2013

Exhausted, Emotional, Beloved

What a day!

I feel so blessed. My parents borrowed Joy for this week so Micah and I had our first day, just the two of us today with Daddy at work. We just hung out, ran a few errands, had lots of kisses, made funny faces at each other and talked about "Dadda." It was such a calm & relaxing day. We were looking forward to David coming home for the evening. (It has been a LONG time since we have had him home for any evening at all..) I called him as he was getting off and he gave me the news that his other job had called him in just then, on a normal day off from there. I was so ridiculously upset, I cried and cried and cried. Looking back, I feel a bit embarrassed letting myself get so emotional about it. Honestly though, it has been ages since we have had dinner together, or Micah has had much time with him. (He is currently a Daddy's boy.) I longed to spend the evening with him but ultimately resigned myself to letting it happen. And as usual, Micah made me smile. His kisses and smiles and cute little voice just reminded me once again how much I love him, Joy Joy and my Davey.

Tomorrow, I get a night out with a dear friend. (Score another for David's newest job for a second night off.) We decided it was best for me to keep these plans as it has been too long since I have had real buddy time. Micah and I have a play date tomorrow too so I get more friend time. I will miss my hubby yet again but I look forward to coming home at the end and falling asleep right next to him. I am reminded a lot lately how truly blessed I am by family and friends and the support I have on a daily basis. I look forward to blogging more again soon as I continue to process the journey I am on in life. I am so thrilled to be in love with a Savior such as Christ and to have Him continually watching over me and all of my loved ones. Great reminder. Stoked to post the video below. It's finally out! And so appropriate as it is the one that came on the radio shortly after David left for shift #2 that I am an Overcomer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29olPjFbqg

Overcome & Sleep Well...
    *Melis*

No comments:

Post a Comment