Friday, May 24, 2013

PRAY

Where did I go? With all of those posts so close together, I figured this question would come around sooner or later but there really isn't much I can report at the moment. Been doing a lot of thinking about prayer these days though. We had our last Women's Bible Study for the season yesterday. It was a potluck, so fun! We got a few new strategies for Bible Study through the summer and signed up to be encouraged by our leader via e-mail, such a great idea. 

My husband didn't get the latest of the FT jobs which really perplexed us this time. We really haven't been able to understand where God is going with this one. A close friend encouraged me to pray... pray for guidance, to hear God's voice & this one is key... for my husband. Lots of you reading this will understand this one. We need to pray for our men. Being the spiritual leader of a family does not come natural for so many men. But speaking with my friend, I am reminded how CRUCIAL it actually is. Little boys grow up watching their daddies. Dads who lead by this example often have sons that grow up understanding this very thing and striving to do it for their own families. 
But honestly, how many times have you prayed for your husband... specifically? I realize I cry out to God sometimes when I am confused for him but I am realizing its gotta be much more than that. 

You see, I have a fabulous husband. He cooks, cleans, takes care of his kids whenever he can. He is a family man in a big way who adores me too! I am truly blessed. He strives to be a man of God but so often my prayers are so vague. After opening up recently, I realized I need to be more specific. What does my husband need? Where does he need clarity? Support? So I am praying a little differently now. I am excited to do this as I am his biggest support and if I don't, who will? He came home from his new PT job today energized (and with tips and mileage reimbursement). He looked so happy. After closing at his FT job and getting only a few hours of sleep they were beyond impressed. I love seeing him light up. God is so good. 

I could go on and on with this topic but most of you would finally need to head to be... LOL. So, here is the video I love of Sanctus Real's song, "Pray" again. I think it hits all the right notes (Haha, joke... sorry.)  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrQHNQ0hwQE

And as always....
  Melis

P.S. You may need this post/song for something completely different. That's okay. I pray for a lot of aspects of life right now. This one, my hubby just happens to be especially on my heart right now. God is using it to teach my something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment