Friday, May 17, 2013

Peace, I'm Worn

One of the greatest things about my Christian walk lately has been the peace. I don't know how to explain it exactly. Its when you know you are following God's Will, even when you don't know what is going to happen. It's absolutely sublime some days, really!

However, we all hit walls. Some days don't go as planned and no matter how "simple" a decision may appear, suddenly, nothing makes sense and we struggle with this decision to make. We pray and we pray. We let our anxiety get the best of us. Sometimes we insist it doesn't make sense. Why would God let us struggle like this, "wander?"

Today has been one of those days. After several very comforting weeks in His Word and in conversation with Him, I hit my wall. And to be honest, my own insecurities are getting the best of me. I have cried. I have yelled. I have let The Evil One start to get the best of me. I even tried eating (a past "comfort"). None of those helped. And then I realized... I am not listening. I am still "yelling" at God!

Am I the only one struggling with this? Have you reverted back to old habits or forgotten to listen? Is life moving so fast around you, you have forgotten to quiet yourself and just listen? I encourage you to stop right now if you need to and just listen. I have "prided" myself often in my constant conversation with God, the ability to include Him in just about everything, even when I fail to do a daily devotion. Did you catch that? "just about everything" - oops!

Truth be told, I am WORN -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUEy8nZvpdM

Remember to listen. Sometimes we just need that silence, that "refresh." Sometimes we need to do a little more. Open up that Bible of yours and read on. God works in ways we don't always understand but if we are listening, if we are truly obedient, God will always make a way, HIS way. 

Night All,
 Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment