Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Follow up from last post

After I typed up last night's post, I did a little more reflecting. It has been a long time for me opening up (and if you know me, I am a TALKER!). God has really used this period in my life to grow me as an individual, a mom, a wife etc... He has used it to redefine and reinforce priorities. In the wake of the miscarriage, David and I both had a strong desire. So a little over 8 weeks ago, David started P90X (and I thought crazy!). I started mixing it up. I went to Curves. I walked and walked. I found Zumba and got it for our Wii (which is now in need of replacement). I worked out 1.5 hrs a day initially. I then changed it up, varying from 30 min to 3.5 hrs. It was ridiculous. I lost 5 lbs the first week. I then yoyo'd up and down an additional 3 lbs for the next 5 weeks. I finally got sick, hit another period, had a mild injury (repetitive stress- apparently my "curse"). I was getting nowhere and I was working so stinkin' hard. I was frustrated. David was getting results and I was barely moving. 

It was then I realized there was a Lean version to P90X and in one fell swoop, I had started it. I determined not to quit so as not to have "wasted time." Week 1 was hard. I wanted Tony Horton to disappear and I wanted to eat my junk again but I pressed on. Week 1, I lost 3 lbs, obsessive over the scale. Week 2 felt a little better and lo and behold I was making progress, another 3 lbs. At this point, I finally got my measurements. In the 7ish weeks since I had last checked, I had lost 12 total inches. My trainer at Curves was shocked and impressed. It was after week three, and 3 more lbs later, I was stronger and doing things I never thought I would do. I knew I couldn't go back. I was following the program to a tee and addicted to Tony, even when he annoyed me. So, lifestyle change... yes. And totally worth it... Still want more babies but now I have a new focus and trust me, I can SEE the results and I feel like a pro I guess. God is good. God continues to reveal his blessings in places I don't expect. I have had several wonderfully surprising conversations later and I am more energized than ever. Here is where some of my motivation is coming from...

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ip40j82ws&list=PL47C0F3FDD747A3CC
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG_PoYipZkU&feature=share
3. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=533514026690691&set=a.165409560167808.28902.145537805488317&type=1&theater

Enjoy! More where that came from alter. Now off to do Core Synergistics. Thank goodness for Recovery Week. Do your best. Forget the rest! Right?

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment