Friday, January 16, 2015

What About This Week!

I've been meaning to write for days but made up plenty of excuses why each time I thought about it was the wrong time.  I might have been in a bad mood or I didn't know what to write or I was about to fall asleep or... fill in the blank!  So today I am writing.

It has been a strange-ish week around here. My kiddos hadn't been sick in ages but sure enough, Joy started coming down with something Monday, on her home school day so we put her to bed early with only half of her homework done and prayed for the best.  She coughed and coughed despite the medicine her sweet Daddy gave her so we opted to keep her home from school for the first time this school year on Tuesday.  Tuesday we had hoped she would perk up and feel better.  Sure enough, she got her homework finished but she was tired and dragged a bit... and as soon as nighttime hit, the coughing was back.  So her sweet Daddy took her temp... 99.8, borderline and gave her medicine again.  By early morning her temp was down a little but we wanted to make sure she was really feeling better, so we kept her home one more day on Wednesday.  Sure enough, she followed me to my OB appt with their office knowing ahead of time she was getting over something and she didn't cough at all from 8am-3pm.  She didn't blow her nose either. And when nighttime came she coughed only a few times and slept the rest of the night through.  She was thrilled of course, when her Daddy woke her up to go on a special field trip with her school Thursday.  I heart grand stories last night and received a very smiley girl, happy to be alive!  So today she went back to school and Micah and I are currently taking it easy and being buddies today :-D

Because of Joy being sick, I canceled most of my plans for the week which was probably good because the new medicine I am on for nausea is currently knocking me out or at least leaving me super drowsy while I adjust to it.  I was however able to see a good friend and talk plans and dreams with life and business which was a nice way to start my day today.  I am enjoying meeting new friends with common bonds through a pregnancy Facebook group and am learning that there is life even during the hardest pregnancy and there will be life afterwards.  The struggles we go through often feel as through we're barely keeping our heads above the water but often teach us so much and give us opportunities we never would have had otherwise.  I am feeling less down than I was earlier in the week and am looking forward to what this weekend and next week brings!

How about you?  What are you looking forward to?  What are you enjoying now?
As always,
Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment