Friday, January 16, 2015

Baby Bump Update ~ 3rd Trimester, Here We Come!

I guess it's just a 2-fer day, 2 blogs for the "price" of one!  I realized I had not done a true update on this little girl in my belly in a few weeks and thought I might as well do one while I am thinking of it.  So here goes...

I am 27 weeks, 3 days today.  According to some sources, I am in the 3rd trimester!  According to others, I will not be until I turn 28 weeks on Tuesday... Whatever!

According to Babycenter.com at 27 weeks, she weighs just shy of 2 lbs and at 28 weeks, she weight 2.25 lbs.  At our 20 week ultrasound, she was about a week ahead in most areas, so do the math? 

That would also mean she is between 14.5-14.8 inches.  Again, it is anyone's guess!

David felt her kick as early as 20 weeks but in the past week or so finally felt her "hiccup" repeatedly.  He definitely looked like he enjoyed it ;-)

Her big sister is SO excited for her to make it into this world this spring and her brother no longer denies her existence.  Both kiddos hug & kiss her before going to bed most nights, a tradition their Daddy taught them and they have kept up.

I am still nauseous, in pain and fatigued but I do have some things that now help with those symptoms, making this pregnancy a bit more bearable.

We have maternity/family photos coming up next week, as well as a tentative weekend planned for newborn photos.  This child will be heavily photographed and possibly best dressed ;-)

At this point in pregnancy, several decisions have been made, some shared, some not so much.  There is not going to be a baby shower, but we hope to have an "after party" when she is a few weeks old to drop-in and meet her if you would like.  We have an approximate date of induction (if needed) due to medical issues related to my clotting disorder and the medicine I am on for that.  She has a name (first & middle locked down)... and no, you cannot change it.  It has specific reasons for being her name and we have no intentions of entertaining any other ideas.  Thank you for understanding.  

Oh yeah, and we have not decided if a 4th will be added to this brood... too soon to tell!

Here is the most recent photo, taken on Monday at 26 weeks, 6 days ~ 

Wanna play a game?  I set up a baby pool if you want to guess when she will arrive, as well as some of her details... Click here ---> http://www.babyhunch.com/poolpage.php?poolid=e8bf073395974353ee8ad22df0e424d0  <---I even have a gift for the winner in mind!

Want to know anything else?  Feel free to ask & see if I have the answer!  Ready for this little girl to hurry up and be full term and come already! ;-)

As always,
Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment