Saturday, January 24, 2015

Feeling Weary? Need some inspiration? This is where I am today...

When I went to bed last night, I had no intention of writing a blog today.  Yet after the night and morning I had, I felt it was a good idea...

Poor Joy Joy wasn't feeling well yesterday.  She had just come off a low-grade temperature the day before and seemed to be recovering until she started yelling.... and yelling.  Poor girl was in pain but I did not know how much.  I tried appropriate medicines we had at home as well as just helping her to relax.  I distracted her and tried to help her rest.  As the day progressed, it seemed she was handling things okay so I sent her to bed on the futon near me just to make sure.  Unfortunately the night did not go well... at all.  By 8 am, I was beyond frustrated and was more sure than ever my sweet girl had an ear infection.  Her fever had broken 24 hours before but she just could not sleep and kept pointing to her ear.  She was not letting up.  
Unfortunately, it took longer than we would like to get out of the house, even with the hospital a few minutes away.  Fortunately for us, the ER seemed to be ready for all the moms with kiddos as they brought the families in to triage and into a bed in the hall or room near the front rather quickly.  At first I was a little peeved but then realized with the pain Joy seemed to be experiencing this may be working to our advantage.  The doctor on duty met with the family nearest to us for a little bit, argued with the parent briefly about how important it was for the child to find a way to get their child to take the medicine, repeated "virus everyone has right now" multiple times and zoomed on over to us.  He double checked what we were there for, checked her ear, confirmed the ear infection after inspection (as well as the other for good measure), told me what he was prescribing and zoomed off.  Not 5 minutes later, we had discharge instructions and a few signatures later we were on our way to Costco for her medicine.  Arriving at the pharmacy, I realized things might take a little longer with her new insurance card and a tech being trained but I sat with my sweet girl while Micah hovered around nearby smiling and being silly.  These things seemed to help at least a little bit.  Then, we headed for the car and before long, she had the medicine in her system and a quick visit to Daddy and stop for orange juice and we were home.... and now she is sleeping.

It was noon when we arrived home.  I hadn't eaten anything and I was overwhelmed by messages to read and respond to.  I am supposed to be on a high carb diet for a few days prior to my 3 hr glucose test coming up Monday so clearly I got a late start on that for the day.  It will happen.  I hopefully won't feel so weak or tired much longer.  I am praying tonight will be much more restful in this house tonight... for all of this.  And even after all of this, I just want to encourage all of you parents out there, all of my friends and others who are struggling with anything today... 
         ...find peace in our Lord, find solace in His comfort, find a minute or two at least just to breathe today and take this day in before it ends.  We have NO idea what tomorrow will bring but it is definitely okay to not be okay all of the time and to take things as they come, in stride, as you are able.  I hope this can be a comfort to some of you today. 

I saw a pretty cool image today as I was searching through things online that said the following, 

"When your troubles try to drag you down remember that you were made to soar." 

When you're ready, revel in that, my friend and take it to heart.  

                "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:31, NIV)

I need to eat some more and hopefully feel a little better.  I can't wait to continue to share with you more as I keep exploring the direction for this year for my family and how God can use me.

As always,
Melis

P.S. If you do pray, I ask for your prayers today as I am especially worn and weary today and we have another long day at home while my sweet hubby works a 12 hour shift to provide for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment