Saturday, May 28, 2016

Transform

For those who have kept up with my blog over any length of time, you have probably noticed a "Word of the Year" David and I pick for our family each year.  Well, we picked one for this year back around Christmas, and honestly, I was too grumpy to go ahead and share it, because as with our "Faith" year, God is showing us through and through how He is trying to work in it... and sometimes, I don't like to deal with it.  As my husband often laments, "Why do we keep picking a word?"

TRANSFORM ~ For kicks and giggles, I decided to look up the definition... Here are just a few: "to change in condition, nature, or character; convert" or "to undergo a change in form, appearance, or character; become transformed."

Maybe you get why my hubby wasn't so excited suddenly...

Right out of the gate this year, I stepped out of Children's Ministry officially.  Since 2007, I was convinced this was my calling.  And I truly believe it WAS... but God changed that calling and at the time, I had NO idea where he was leading me.  I just knew our income was shrinking and I was clueless as to this area of my life for the first time in a very, very long time.  Only days, after I stopped working in Children's Ministry, we hit our first major bump with David's job.  After that, the hits kept coming.  I was angry.  And I know he was too.  I kept asking God "Why us again?  Haven't we been through enough yet?"  I finally came to the conclusion that while MY plan for transformation was one thing (getting fit, David advancing in his company, me working in Children's Ministry...), God had very different plans and he was working on transforming us in ways we didn't necessarily ask for.

Since then, I have taken it upon myself to work as hard as I can from home, doing whatever I think I need to do and praying it is enough to help us get back on track.  Unfortunately, it seems like when you think you finally have it figured out, when that changes, you can fall pretty hard.  To tell you the truth, I am a bit tired of bruising....

There is a verse in Romans that shed some light on this, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2 (NIV)

It all comes back to God's Will and what He has in store or us.  And even though, it is a scary time in our lives, especially financially, I know He has a plan and is going to lead us through it as needed, and in His perfect timing.

In Isaiah 26:3 (NIV), it says, "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."

I don't know about you, but I am choosing to let him transform me this year.

As always,
     Melis


No comments:

Post a Comment