Monday, May 23, 2016

Time to breach my comfort zone...

When I promised to write and write again, I will admit, it was a little harder than I expected.  When life gets hard, I tend to clam up.  And when it gets harder than I expected, I tend to shut down.  You see, last summer my family moved for what we thought was the job opportunity that would change everything for us, especially for my husband.  All seemed to be going well enough.. until this past February when my husband was told to fix things in the next six weeks or face demotion or loss of job completely.  Unfortunately, no specific goals were given so my sweet hubby did everything he could.  And at the end of the day, we thought he had done it... but the "big boss" did nor agree.  So for the next six weeks, we went from just holding on financially, to half of that and sinking hard.  We had some help but ultimately did not see how we could go on.  However, after 6 weeks after being demoted, he was repromoted... sort of in a training capacity, with less pay, lacking a benefit and a bit more gas in the tank to get to and from work.  Of course by now, the new-to-us 2nd car had proved to be a disaster and is now days to weeks from leading us back to a 1 car life... So, I decided to take a chance.  I started looking for anything I could do from home with three kiddos all summer without a vehicle most days.  I looked into surveys and mystery shopping. I researched what I could do with my own skills.  I dabbled and truthfully am keeping some on the back burner just in case. But we needed more, so I took a leap... and I am determined to breach my comfort zone more than I ever have because I truly believe this is the solution to our problems... We will see if it pays off.  I am betting it will.  If you want to know more, contact me. I am just a button and a few words away.  

God Bless,
       Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment