Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Good Morning!

Good Morning!

Wow, is it sad I can't remember the last time I said that? Sitting here with my coffee typing this up while my kids play in the next room. I laughed as I saw Micah barreling after Joy on his knees as fast as he possibly could. Its funny, the bumps and noises I hear used to bug me, realizing the neighbors (who actually are usually gone this time of day) may hear and complain. I am starting to accept it and even enjoy the comfort in those little familiar noises my kids make. Micah is trying to talk to Joy. Joy is grinning back at him and telling him something she learned probably from the latest Madeline and he smiles back before they are off again. Joy walks in with a pretty dress she has changed into, looking for her usual affirmations and I smile knowing my girl who I know is gorgeous truly believes it too and loves to hear her Mommy say it.

Its interesting though. How often do we get out of bed not anticipating the best, hoping we can just make it through the day, often worried about what lays ahead of us at home or at work or even down the road, say a month away or more? I was thinking about this topic of worry. I often used to tell people I was concerned, not worried. In my head that was okay. Concern for others is a good thing but I often wonder if I overused the word because I didn't want to admit I still had my worrisome moments and I still lost faith at times. In Matthew 6:25-33 (NASB), we get a very clear message:

For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

God definitely doesn't mince words here. "You of little faith!" He lets us know to not worry, what He takes care of and then calls us out! How easy is it to let worry consume us, get the best of us, stop us from moving forward, from having complete and utter faith in the One Who Made Us?? 

I truly believe worry affects more people than most realize and that worry stops us from truly enjoying the life God GAVE us! Remember the song, "These Days" by Mandisa in my previous post?

So I'll learn to love these days
Life along the way
In the middle
Of the crazy
God, Your love is so amazing
Through the ups and downs
You're the only hope I've found
Lord, You meet me
In the madness
So, I'll learn to love these days

God not only loves us through it all, he is in the MADNESS. If He is in it all, why worry at all? 

Okay, not so easy right? But let's pray on it a bit? Find encouragement and "seek first His kingdom and His righteousness," not yours, yes? It makes sense. So I leave you with another song to get your day going or keep your day going. (And yes, clearly I am a Mandisa fan.) If you want the link to "These Day," go back 1-2 posts. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnmWwudeqfM 

As always,
     Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment