Sunday, June 16, 2013

What a Week- For Daddies of Angels...

Life has been crazy lately. I know so many of you can relate. I wanted to recount our family weekend, a family visit and post photos of some of those times we have had recently but I will admit that's not so easy. David works 2 jobs and I do my best to hold down the fort at home and keep the kids happy and alive. However, this week is a week in which as hard as it likely is to be, it will be filled with many wonderful memories. Joy goes to VBS at our church, Cedar Grove Community this week and she I am sure will have a fabulous time. I am so thankful for all of the volunteers in our church that will be serving this week so my girl can have a blast learning more about Jesus this week!  

Today is Father's Day. I am thankful for my Daddy but also for my hubby who is working yet again instead of at home with his family. He works so hard for so little and plods along, never missing work unless he absolutely must. He is a wonderful example of a husband and father! 

However today, I am also aware of what else this week brings. On Friday, we will be remembering our little Squirt vividly, as that is the day our angel was due to be born. So many of you know this month has been hard on us but this week the pain has already hit with a vengeance. I have memories of good and bad from going through the first trimester to the ultrasounds and then the day we saw no heartbeat was there anymore. I have already fought back tears at least 3 times today and I can only imagine how hard it has or will hit my sweet hubby. One of the things I have felt more and more in my heart is to be a part of the movement that is bringing these angels and what their parents go through out into the open, that is is alright to talk about, good to talk about and that so many deal with a loss of a child in utero and afterwards. One of these groups posted a nice poem today for angel daddies. I think this is especially important to remember today as so many Daddies hold down the fort when Momma is dealing with her own grief. So go ahead and click if you dare. I warn you it will likely bring a tear to your eyes but I thought it was poignant and helpful for where we are in our lives. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151476901953016&set=a.306732548015.148003.265529163015&type=1&theater

And continue to pray for us. Its a busy week and with Friday just around the corner, I am sure things will not get much easier. I thank you all for reading and praying for us. I hope to bring some smiles to your faces sometime soon. Have a wonderful Father's Day!

*Melis*

No comments:

Post a Comment