Sunday, June 12, 2016

My Reminder In The Midst...

When I was 16, I went on a missions trip.  I was gone for the majority of the summer. During this time, I came down with the only ear infections I had any memory of, essentially making it impossible to hear for a period of time.  I had some of the worst homesickness I had faced to that point.   Needless to say, at that time, this was likely one of the hardest events I had been to in my young life.

Clearly, I have been through more since then, and small and big, God has led myself and my family through it all, even when it is hard to see.  I will admit my health right now is generally well and my family is truly wonderful.  Yet my family is going through easily our hardest financial struggles that we ever have (which is saying something for us).  We haven't given up but the morale for hubby and I is not great usually and staying positive for me is even tough, especially with how it affects the day to day.  Even with the recent news his bosses are both incredibly happy with the job he is doing, we see the result of recent struggles still building up, putting us further and further behind.

And then I come back to my life verse, established in my mind on that missions trip so many years ago...  "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 (NIV)

God has got a plan in all of this, right?
As always,
       Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment