Monday, December 29, 2014

The 12 Days After Christmas ~ Day 4 ~ Hubby Blessed & Blissed!!

It isn't every day my hubby gets an actual day off from work. In fact, just because it is a new week does not guarantee that he will have one at all. (Ask our life since August! )  However,  being that as it may, one thing I can say for certain is that the man I married loves me very much and quite often spends part or all of a day he actually has off to do what I like (and he would prefer not to). And by that very fact, I truly am blessed.

Last night,  after spending most of the week with family,  the kids and I stumbled in exhausted and I clearly wanted to sleep. Hubby was finishing his 6th shift since Friday morning.  (I knew this because we were fortunate to see him for his brief dinner break when we arrived back home.)  Even though our time with family has been a quite fun or relaxing experience (kids one - other me - you guess), I personally was dealing with more discomfort than my average day (which I think is saying a lot). I had done something to my upper back which was in turn hurting my chest and then as I arrived home my lower back pain started kicking in.

Tylenol to the rescue?  Well, it was as much as it could be but soon enough hubby arrived home to a startled wife who slept maybe 10 minutes. I woke up 2-3 more times like this before midnight.  And yet, at my plea this morning,  my hubby agreed to follow me to the mall with the kiddos this morning on his day off... where I did not use my gift card and I started hurting again and requested he take me to my appt and so on and so on...

And I guess to some this might seem like no big deal. But the wait for my doctor's appointment was excessive with he and Micah attempting to sleep in the car and Joy likely bored for a good chunk of it. And after a productive appointment?  He then took my doctor's advice and took me to get a maternity support belt and have a pleasant evening yet a little further from home.

And I don't know why I feel the need to document this all other then to tell you all I feel... so... blessed!  I am just shy of 25 weeks pregnant and this pregnancy has been no stinkin' joke I tell you, emotionally or physically.  He has not just been a trooper but a helper but really more like a self-sacrificing man who rarely tells you when he has needs to begin with. 

Sometimes I wish others saw some of this side of him, the side that shows his deep love for his wife and kiddos no matter what it takes... the one who wants to give up some days but always presses on... the one who continually looks back to the Lord,  even somewhat frustratingly some days and says "ok"... the one who lifts me up in prayer when I am tired or having a hard day... This man is amazing and I am so proud to be his wife and best friend!

I am still amazed that he is that guy I struck up a "random" friendship with some 17.5 year ago, who I celebrated being with 9 years in Thanksgiving and have been married to almost 7.5 of that... through thick and thin,  no matter what happened. This man is NOT a saint but he is definitely My Best Friend!

As always,
Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment