Monday, July 14, 2014

Grumpy days need friends...

I woke up today and realized I was not going to be doing my favorite workouts today. Oh well, when you're following a plan that works, you make the choice to get up and do them anyway. I weighed in and realized I had gone up a few lbs but nothing added up, so I figured I was retaining water... sigh. I rolled my eyes and headed towards my first workout.  'll be honest, it took me a bit to get started but I started. 'll be honest, it took me a bit to get started but I started. I whined a bit to myself because I did not like it but I kept trying.  And just as I was about to finish the first one, my left glute started hurting.  I know this pain so I backed off and checked in with my hubby, ultimately finishing all but the burnout. But I realized the pain was not going away.  In fact, it was getting worse and not budging.  I rolled my eyes yet again, had a mini pity party and checked my phone.  I headed off to my good friend's house to swim for a little bit.  It helped while I gingerly moved through the water but the moment I stood up, the pain was there in full force... and I was at the edge.  I went back home to get ready for the day, facing the realization that I was not going to run, not going to do my MMX workout, that I was going to stay off my feet, ice the muscle and try to be a good mom to the one and only kiddo I have around here the next few days.

Today has not been my shining day but it is not the first hurt muscle I have had since I made the commitment to workout and become a healthier human being. Most, in fact have healed within 1-2 days with proper care and rest.  Perhaps my grumpy attitude was more about that feeling one gets when they accomplish something... I wasn't getting it and I knew today I needed that extra day of rest. Let me tell you though when you're going through any type of trial, having someone(s) to reach out to makes all of the difference. The same people who console me when I am having a bad day also are the same people that keep my accountable.  I am very fortunate to have those people in my life.  Otherwise, a day like today would have sent me to the nearest fast food restaurant AND my favorite coffee place... and tomorrow? Well, I likely would not have lost the water weight ;-) 

Have you had any frustrating days lately? Do you have someone(s) to turn to? Do they also call you out on those things you need to? Are you looking to make a change? For 6 weeks of accountability, take a chance and join my challenge group. You won't regret it. Message me or visit me at Facebook.com/RunLissaRun 

Tomorrow is going to be a better day...
Melis


No comments:

Post a Comment