Friday, June 27, 2014

Lifestyle Change

Hi friends! Today marks a pretty important day for me. I am going "public" with my fitness & health journey.  I've launched my Coach Facebook & set up my initial Beachbody website.  It is actually a big thing for me as I have tried to keep this area of my life more private due to my own insecurities.  With the events of 2013 starting to affect me for the better, I have decided it is time!

A few refreshers or new info ~

Ran for the first time in 5th grade for our school's yearly track meet. I came to the realization I could run and maybe even be athletic, even though I was easily one of the slowest out there at the time.

Learned to swim during the summers of middle school.
Ran track in 7th & 8th grade.
Swam on the school team 9th & 10th grades.
Attempted cross country in 10th grade.
Learned after a missions trip btwn 10th-11th grades that I could gain weight :(

Ran with Team in Training during Spring of 2006 & 2007. During both seasons I suffered injuries. I developed a stress fracture in my right foot in 2006, scaling back from a marathon to a half marathon ultimately.  At the time, I did not take this well.
In 2007, I developed severe shin splints in both legs that did not initially heal up well and received a medical transfer, therefore not completing the season.
Nevertheless, running continued to be a goal for me.

Put on 50 lbs in 2008-2009 after my Joy was born midyear.
In 2010, joined Curves and ultimately lost 12 lbs over the next several years due to inconsistencies and pregnancies of my children.

Last year, after seeing the initial progress of my husband doing P90X, I jumped on board. I found I lost 15 lbs my first month (then got pregnant).
I attempted it again in November but my head and heart were not in it so stopped after a week.

Around the New Year, heard about P90X from a friend.  Jumped on board!
In February of this year, I signed on as Beachbody Coach but initially focused on my own personal journey.  Have now completed P90X3 Block 1 almost 3 times due to injuries primarily that sidelined and delayed me.

Recently, I have learned a lot about nutrition and how to make this lifestyle work for me.  I've stopped worrying about bring skinny. Instead, I choose to work towards being healthy & fit and be an example and inspiration to others the best that I can. That's just a snapshot but I hope you'll join me on my journey & tell me about yours!  More to come! 

www.beachbodycoach.com/LISSAFIED

And speaking of getting fit... Yoga X3 here I come!
Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment